Healthy Smoothie Recipe
Why must weekends seem to fly by so quickly?
Every Monday, I wish for one more day!
This weekend was spent mostly working on Twin Stripe projects and getting some much-needed relaxation.
I also had a fantastic workout at the gym and made a nutritious breakfast smoothie.
While I didn’t make any specific New Year’s resolutions, I am attempting to be more conscious of making healthy choices.
My brother gave me an electric mixer for Christmas last year, which I intended to prepare soups and smoothies.
However, I stowed it away in a drawer and forgot about it until blogger Meg Biram persuaded me to make a smoothie for morning a few weeks ago.
She shared a photo of her smoothie on Instagram, and I reproduced it here. This smoothie is high in antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, and other nutrients. It creates a full breakfast.
Berry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- a third cup plain Greek yogurt
- half-cup coconut water (or plain water)
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (I prefer blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- One ripe banana
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- One tablespoon chia seeds
- a half-lemon juice
- 1 – 2 cups spinach, loosely packed
When I prepare this dish, I usually eyeball the ingredients; the measurements here are my best guesses.
You are allowed to use as much or as little of what you choose. I start with the yogurt and coconut water, then layer on the berries, banana, and other ingredients. After I’ve blended everything else, I usually add the spinach last.
I throw a couple of giant handfuls of spinach into my smoothie and don’t notice it. If you are hesitant to try the spinach, start with a tiny amount and gradually increase the amount as you become more comfortable.
If you need some more ideas, I’ve gathered a collection of energizing smoothies for your morning or snacking delight.
- Skinny Mom’s Skinny Tropical Protein Smoothie |
- Boulder Locavore’s Green Smoothie |
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie | Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker
- The Pioneer Woman’s Pumpkin Smoothie | Something Swanky |
5. Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
- Skinny Taste Tropical Papaya Batido
A healthful meal is an excellent way to begin the day. A breakfast smoothie provides me with plenty of energy for the rest of the day.
Do you have any particular breakfast or smoothie recipes?